I never know how to say hi on my blogs, so basically I’ll just start by saying: “Hi, nice to meet you” (this must be the most poshly way of starting things off), in any case I’ll just say: “hi people out there my name is Illy and you are very welcome to my blog!!”
Ok so I guess this is my welcome, but how about the “About” page? I’ll just start by blabbing away about my little interests and in general about myself, however I tend to list things- so I hope you’ll enjoy reading my little lists. :)
(1) PHOTOGRAPHY OBSESSED. I super duper-ly adore photography.
In the summer, I was obsessed about lomography and in general those vintagy-styled photos, however, my obsession has faded away as my new “thing” is black&white/traditional photography. In September 2011, I started teaching traditional photography, with some close friends of mine, to year 10s for CAS hours (as I’m an IB2 student) and I teach them how to use an old NIKON film- camera and how to develop the film & the photos they’ve taken, in the dark. This is quite an interesting activity as cooperation with younger students is a major challenge- indeed when teaching them.
Yet, my photography obsession has started from a while ago and it keeps going. I’m constantly with a camera in my hand. I tend to take it everywhere I go, its like my second self or even my dog, but I must confess that it’s one of the things that I adore the most. I want to set up my own darkroom in my home. Someone suggested that I do so in my bathroom sink. Does not seem promising to me. Sorry F.
(2) FASHIONISTA/ SHOPAHOLIC. Have you ever watched the movie, ‘Confessions of a Shopaholic’? Well, yes I’m a devoted follower of fashion. I cannot imagine myself living in the middle of nowhere without any shops. I GO CRAAAZY, unless of course I’m prepared for a long road-trip or a family visit to a village or something, where i have to restrict myself from shopping. However, I love making clothes too. It takes most of my free time, but it’s worth it. My dream? My dream is to study in France mainly in Paris, and take a fashion design course or even a photography course and take photos or make clothes all day long. But that is not going to happen (at least not in the near future) as I unfortunately don’t know any french… :(
(3) I dream of taking a gap year and travelling the world, but particulary going to India, Australia and the US, but Nevada in general. I’d lovelovelove to go to Nevada. (soooo many photoooos)
(4) I speak 2 languages fluently and a third quite well. I have a friend who speaks 5 languages fluently. I’d love to be able to do that. But I don’t see that happening anytime soon. If I had to learn another language and speak it for the rest of my life? It would be Italian or even French. Or Chinese!
(5) I adore Mumford & Sons. ♥
(6) I looooove travelling!! (planes, cars, boats anything). I bet I was an Aboriginal in my previous life, though I have no relations with Australia. Love you aussies out there (and your amazing accents-of course). Someone very wisely said: “The world is a book; those who do not travel read only one page.”
(7) Starbucks is my second home. Cold/Warm Caramel Macciato.
(8) I’ve tried setting up a youtube vlog with a friend of mine. We kinda failed. No, you cannot find me on there.
(9) COOKING. I can’t really cook (only the basics and soufflé). I live off cereal, salad, tuna, wraps and chocolate. I’ve started watching Nigella in the hope that I will improve. So far, it just makes me crave chocolate.
Well, that’s about it. Hope you liked my little description. Send me a message if you like.
Thank you xxx